1 9-in premade tart shell
1 lb. Pastry Cream (recipe follows)
3 pints assorted fruit (berries, peaches, kiwis and oranges all work)
Apricot jam as needed
1. Fill tart shell with pastry cream
2. Arrange fruit over the cream in an even layer. Try to cover all of the cream
3. Heat the jam over low heat and brush over the fruit in a smooth layer.
Milk 16 oz.
Vanilla extract ¼ tsp
Granulated Sugar 3 ¾ oz
eggs yolks 3
Cornstarch 1 ¼ oz
Unsalted Butter 1 oz
1. Bring milk, vanilla and 3 oz of sugar to a boil in large saucepan
2. Whisk egg yolks in mixing bowl, whisk in remaining sugar and cornstarch to combine
3. Add ¼ of milk mixture to yolk mixture. Add the yolk mixture to the pan and cook whisking constantly until cream boils and is thickened. Allow to boil about 2 minutes
4. Remove from heat and pour into clean bowl. Fold in butter but do not over mix.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
Recipe courtesy of On Cooking, 3rd edtition
Michele Tracey, Food Editor
For catering from Mega-Chele click here